harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: compiling JCHEVM with GCC/Cygwin
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:13:16 GMT
snowdosker wrote:

> Hello Enrico
>
> I'm trying to build JCHEVM following your steps described at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03212.html
>

> I was able to build Classpath sucsesfuly, but
> fail making JCHEVM
>
> In result I have
>
> native/java_lang_VMThread.c: In function `JCNI_java_lang_VMThread_start':
> native/java_lang_VMThread.c:388: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `pthread_attr_setstackaddr'
> native/java_lang_VMThread.c:388: warning: nested extern declaration of
> `pthread_attr_setstackaddr'
> make[2]: *** [java_lang_VMThread.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ivan/jchevm/libjc'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ivan/jchevm/libjc'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> Can you help me, please.
> Thanks, Ivan

Hi Ivan,

 if you're building JCHEVM with Cygwin, modify the following file:

                         .\libjc\arch\arch_definitions.h

at line 95.

Remove:
#define _JC_LIBRARY_FMT        "lib%s.so"

Add:
 #define _JC_LIBRARY_FMT        "lib%s.dll.a"

In order to achieve a successfull build, I had to change a few other things.
Before I post them here, let's see how it goes your build.
Are you using a Home or a Professional Windows edition?

Enrico