harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] build / test system
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:16:56 GMT

George Harley wrote:
> Hi Stepan,
>
> And if redistributing the Eclipse jars was an issue then we could simply
> make use of the Maven jar repository at ibiblio.org. The jars necessary
> for using the Eclipse compiler can be obtained from there without the
> need to download the entire Eclipse platform (see
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/eclipse/jars/jdtcore-3.1.0.jar) which
> reduces the "pain" considerably.

Well, ibiblio is a pain - it can be slow to the point of timeout, which
is really no fun.  Been there, raged at that.

> Ant build scripts could simply make use of the "get" task (with the
> "usetimestamp" option to avoid unnecessary downloading) to get the
> jdtcore-3.1.0.jar and then use "unzip" to extract the
> jdtCompilerAdapter.jar that is contained in there. The modified
> trunk/make/build-java.xml file inside the attachments for HARMONY-57 and
> HARMONY-88 use the ibiblio.org repository in just this way to obtain
> various xml support jars and even the junit jar.

Yes, this is what I was trying to do in security2 a while back to
automate getting the junit and bcprov jars for testing.  problem was
that ibiblio didn't have the right version of bcprov :)