harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] build / test system
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:51:17 GMT
Hi,

OK, yes, it needs a network connection. My point was really that
"usetimestamp" provides a mechanism for jars to be downloaded only when
required (i.e. when not present or when stale). I wasn't really
intending to sell it as a way of working without the network hence the
declaration that it "kind of" offers this functionality.

I could mention that setting the "ignoreerrors" attribute to "true"
would mean that, in the absence of a network, the task could fail (to
check the local and remote timestamps of the resources) without bringing
the whole build script to a screeching halt. But that probably wouldn't
be of interest to you either :-)

Best regards,
George
IBM UK