harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] build / test system
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:48:20 GMT
Hi Stepan,

And if redistributing the Eclipse jars was an issue then we could simply
make use of the Maven jar repository at ibiblio.org. The jars necessary
for using the Eclipse compiler can be obtained from there without the
need to download the entire Eclipse platform (see
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/eclipse/jars/jdtcore-3.1.0.jar) which
reduces the "pain" considerably.

Ant build scripts could simply make use of the "get" task (with the
"usetimestamp" option to avoid unnecessary downloading) to get the
jdtcore-3.1.0.jar and then use "unzip" to extract the
jdtCompilerAdapter.jar that is contained in there. The modified
trunk/make/build-java.xml file inside the attachments for HARMONY-57 and
HARMONY-88 use the ibiblio.org repository in just this way to obtain
various xml support jars and even the junit jar.

Best regards,
George
IBM United Kingdom Limited