harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [classlib] build / test system
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:58:44 GMT
I'm dorking around with some ant scripts for doing a complete unit test
run over all modules.

After some pondering, I'd like to have us eat our own dogfood (ok,
Eclipse's dogfood) and start doing everything that we can using the
eclipse java compiler, with the goal of self-hosting at some point with
a javac.exe that uses it.

So to that end, I'd like to set things up so that by default, we use the
eclipse compiler, but that means that people have to go through a
[painful] process to get the jars (2 of them) - namely if you don't have
Eclipse installed, you have to go get it and dig two jars out.

I'd like to set things up so we don't have to put in ant/lib to make it
less intrusive to people - we could have a local lib dir and do that maybe.

Anyway, anyone have strong feelings or suggestions?

geir