harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Cairo for Harmony graphic stuff?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:05:20 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> I'll check the Cairo. Thanks for pointing...

my pleasure.

>> Well, that Graphics object at some points needs rendering to the screen
>> doesn't it? :-)
> Yep. :)
> But Graphics object is a small part of AWT...

agreed, yet having a solid and hardware accelerated graphics part (I'm
thinking java2d mostly) would make me *very* happy.

The other thing to consider is to follow apple's advice and implement
Swing using native widgets. I don't know what this entails in terms of
complexity but I always found stupid that swing is barely scratching the
surface of what my GPU accelerator could do for me.

Anyway, I suggest we focus on server side stuff first anyway.

View raw message