harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location for API extensions
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:58:53 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I don't like "tests" for obvious reasons that we've discussed before.

remind me

> I do like "examples" as that's clear to people.
>
> "internal" is interesting, because we already have mechanisms in Java to
> do this, so I don't see the point.

huh?  what?

> It's also really unnatural to me to
> do this in a  package scheme.  I wish I could be clearer on why this
> sets my teeth on edge, but I can't, so I'll think about it a bit more...

just so we understand one another...

- our end users may use:
	java.<whatever> and friends (as defined by spec.) from
	any module

- developers of a given module may use:
	java.<whatever> and friends from any module
	org.apache.harmony.*  (but not 'internal') from any module
	org.apache.harmony.internal.* from this module

This 'visibility of packages' is not part of the Java language.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)