harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [classlib] bouncy castle
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:28:35 GMT
Ok, the thread re BC has gotten a bit confusing.

I thought the reason we needed to consider using a copy of the code is
because we need to create our own signed JAR.  If this is incorrect,
please say something.

I think there are a few ways to do this (and please, suggest others...) :

1) Rewrite the whole thing (certainly not ideal - noting here for

2) Get a copy of the BC source and put in our repository

3) "manufacture" our own signed JAR from their source JAR.

4) Other?

I'm uncomfortable w/ #3 because we're not really simply re-distributing
someone else's code (because we re-package) nor are we publishing
something with the standard ASF oversight.  I'd like to avoid #1.  Can
we do #2 and then keep refreshing whenever they do an update, with us
contributing to them if we find bugs?

View raw message