harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: NDA issues and acceptable use of sun source
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:14:26 GMT

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:

>>> Which means? Do I have to solve it or are you willing to solve it?
>>
>> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>
>> Are you kidding?
>
> Of course I am not kidding. I am willing to offer a contribution, you
> say that an issue has to be resolved to allow that and I ask who is
> going to do that. Do you expect from your contributors to pay for legal
> advice to be allowed to do non-profit work for you?

I expect contributors to understand their legal situation and represent
it clearly and openly to the community.  There is no way I or anyone
else here can figure out what kind of NDA you are under.

If you are comfortable that the NDA you signed could not have any
bearing on the code you want to contribute, because of the fact that the
area in which you contribute didn't exist at the time of the NDA and
therefore couldn't be covered, than that seems like a reasonable
explanation to me and there should be no problem.

geir