harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <Tor-Ei...@Jarnbjo.de>
Subject Re: Using Cairo for Harmony graphic stuff? [was Re: Using APR for Harmony's native link to the OS?]
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:04:18 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Another think that I wonder, for the windowing stuff, why don't we use
> Cairo[1]?

Isn't Cairo just a rendering library? AFAIK, it does not offer any kind
of e.g. portable widget access, which is probably the most tricky thing
to implement for AWT. Swing can be implemented in pure Java, based on
some simple native support by AWT (open window and supply a Graphics
object into which the content can be rendered). I don't see where Cairo
can offer much help in that area?

Tor