harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <Tor-Ei...@Jarnbjo.de>
Subject Re: NDA issues and acceptable use of sun source
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:39:39 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> I'm not so sure - the fact that there's been that exposure under NDA
> means there can be no contribution in that area until the NDA problem
> is resolved.

Which means? Do I have to solve it or are you willing to solve it? It is
of course silly of me not to keep legal agreements I have signed, but as
Leo pointed out, is Sun not anymore requiring an NDA for other people to
get access to the JDK source code.

> If what you were exposed to under the NDA has no tie to what you are
> offering, then the NDA is irrelevant for this.  For other things, you
> still have a problem, but if you've never seen Sun code in and around
> the sound API, then you are fine.

I do of course not remember anything of any source code I had in my
hands ten years ago. I even quite often forget in the afternoon what I
did before lunch. I am not sure however, if Sun's lawyers believe that
and I rather don't want to find out.

Tor