harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Using Cairo for Harmony graphic stuff? [was Re: Using APR for Harmony's native link to the OS?]
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:08:55 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:
> As one of the original authors of APR, I would like to suggest that
> instead of using OS dependant native code, when we get to the point of
> writing awt, we should create an apr-window project, and create the
> library for the abstraction layer.  I have had enough conversations
> with other APR developers to be relatively certain that this idea
> would be well received.

Hi Ryan, nice to see you around here.

I'm happy that Enrico has changed his mind about APR and I would also be
in favor of harmony committing back code to APR.

Another think that I wonder, for the windowing stuff, why don't we use
Cairo[1]?

Firefox 2.0 is going to be based on it, so you would expect lots of
polishing/fixing/profiling/OS-portability going on on that front that we
would just reuse and it's dual-licensed under LGPL or MPL 1.1, so if we
release it under the MPL 1.1 license it's also compatible.

What do you think?

[1] http://cairographics.org/

--
Stefano.