harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: site documentation
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:58:43 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> When I was writing the page to host the eclipse movie I wanted to drop
> some 'random' html into the xdocs xml, but the page build whined -- so I
> cheated and wrote the whole page as a .html.

Bad Tim!  Bad Tim!  :)

> So what should I have done to produce a page like this?
> (site/xdocs/subcomponents/classlibrary/dev_eclipse_movie.html)

I dunno - that's a good question.

What I'd suggest another addition to the xdoc to be a callout to HTML so
we get full rendering of top and nav.

Something like

<document>

<section name="foo">

<htmlinclude file="dev_eclipse_movie.html" />

</section>
</document>

where htmlinclude is implemented in the velocity stylesheet via a
#include(), and the .html file contains the body snippet you want.
Fairly straightforward, and you then don't have to try and get HTML into
the .xml file...