harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib:security2] bootclasspath for security tests [HARMONY-58]
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:05:56 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
>> Hi Geir,
>>
>>> For the record, I put the jvmarg line back - I did some test class
>>> renaming, and things broke!  I put it back, and all is well.  Dunno.
>>> Leaving there so it doesn't break anyone else.  Will continue to chase
>>> down after dinner
>>>

>> crypto.jar and x_net.jar are not created by the 'main build file' (i.e.
>> make/build.xml) and they are absent in Harmony boot (deploy/jre/lib/boot)
>> directory. So the build script from 'security2' builds them and places
>> explicitly to the bootclasspath.
>

> Then this is wrong then, correct?  We should put putting crypto.jar and
> x_net.jar into the bootclasspath?

s/bootclasspath/jre\/lib\/boot directory/ ?

>> If you remove jvmarg line then you need to update additionally
>> make/build.xml or the build script from 'security2' to put these jars to
>> Harmony boot directory.
>
> Yes - I think that is the sensical way to go as we do want them there,
> right?

yep

>> I think that we should work out some kind of 'transition procedure' for
>> substituting security with security2 to be sure that we don't miss
>> anything
>> and we are consistent. The first step may be extracting x-net component
>> because it is quite independent.
>
> Don't mix the issues.  Right now, no modules/security code is being built.
>
> So - first - any problem with crypto and x_net into bootclasspath?

erm, 'yes' -- I mean 'no', erm -- what's the question?

the JARs should be on the bootclasspath by being built into jre/lib/boot.

Please remember to include the manifest too, the current security.jar
does not have one and breaks my Eclipse development (I can raise a JIRA
to say that if you want).

Regards,
Tim

--