harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [classlib:security2] bootclasspath for security tests [HARMONY-58]
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:30:00 GMT
I applied patch for HARMONY-58 (thanks Stepan and Tim) and closed the issue.

However, there was a small thing that bugged me.  We were setting the
bootclasspath as follows :

<jvmarg
value="-Xbootclasspath/p:${build.jars.path}/crypto.jar${path.separator}${build.jars.path}/x_net.jar"/>

which has 2 of the 3 artifacts generated by security2 coming from the
local modules/security2 tree, and the third, security.jar, coming from
deploy/jre/lib/boot.  This isn't healthy.

So I just removed the above line, and now we depend on all three jars
coming from the same place, namely the deploy boot classpath.

I only feel strongly that we are consistent.  We can change from deploy/
to modules/security2 if we need to.

I suspect this will be fine, but it does mean that working in
modules/security2 means that you need to go to top level to re-run the
build to get the jars in the right place.

I think I'll change the local make in modules/security2 to also copy the
generated jars to ../../deploy/jre/lib/boot/....

That way, you can work locally and still do the proper testing w/o
having to out of the module you are working in.  I suspect that this
will be a pattern we repeat in all modules.

geir