harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Prioritizing bug reports
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:34:43 GMT
We are getting a number of good bug reports in JIRA now.  They are
backed by simple test cases which makes them much easier to demonstrate
and track down -- thank you to all those who are creating them.

For each bug I fix there seems to be another half dozen raised (hey,
this feels like a real product already ;-) ) and I assume that they are
being found by some test suite that we don't have in the project.

Again, these are real bugs, we can and will fix them, but I'd like to
ensure that bugs that block people's progress to a project subgoal get
higher priority.

That brings me to the question of what goals people are trying to
achieve with the current classlib.  We have a good amount of code in
there at the moment, we should be able to tackle some interesting SE
apps that have 'modest' requirements on the class library (i.e. we still
have big gaps).

We know that we can run the Eclipse JDT compiler, quite a bit of Ant,
Velocity, ...  What else would be a good target to shoot for?  Would
anyone like to try building and running Felix, or other code that we
would have a fighting chance with?  I promise to give higher priority to
bugs that block running an app.

If anyone would like to grab an issue and send in a patch that would be
cool too -- I've marked a couple 'novice', and a number of others should
only require a moderate amount of debugging.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)