harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <rbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using APR for Harmony's native link to the OS?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:10:42 GMT
As one of the original authors of APR, I would like to suggest that
instead of using OS dependant native code, when we get to the point of
writing awt, we should create an apr-window project, and create the
library for the abstraction layer.  I have had enough conversations
with other APR developers to be relatively certain that this idea
would be well received.

On 2/11/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What do you think?
> I think that's using Apache Portable Runtime in Apache Harmony is
> natural and good idea.
> However we should understand that APR does not have ALL the needed
> functionality. For example APR does not have graphical and window
> management functions. So at least awt will need to use OS dependent
> native code.
> --
> Alexey A. Petrenko
> Intel Middleware Products Division