harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: Tips for Harmony Development on Eclipse
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 02:33:07 GMT
Brilliant! The little hack for setting up the Harmony JRE was just what I

BTW: This does work on Eclipse 3.1.2 just fine. You can change the PDE's
Target Platform, but you don't need to since you already turned down the
missing dependencies for plug-ins check to Warning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison [mailto:t.p.ellison@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 10:09 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tips for Harmony Development on Eclipse

I've described how you can use set up Eclipse to develop individual
Harmony classlib modules.  This is how I work [1] so I don't have to
download and recompile the entire class lib code for local changes.

The "Run As" set up requires a Harmony JRE plug-in for Eclipse, which at
present is not part of the Harmony project, but there is a workaround
that Steven Gong described on this list [2].

Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips on setting up Eclipse projects and launchers to
> some hacking on the Harmony Classlib? If there are some sites I should
> be reading, please point the way. I skimmed the Wiki and did some
> but couldn't find anything.
> I have most of the projects setup and compiling in Eclipse using the SVN
> code and the snapshot builds, but I'm unable to get the "Run As" and
> As" pieces going, so I can execute the tests and build some of my own. My
> problem seems to be around getting the JRE and the security policies setup
> appropriately.
> Thanks.
> -Nathan

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)