harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: Tips for Harmony Development on Eclipse
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 02:33:07 GMT
Brilliant! The little hack for setting up the Harmony JRE was just what I
needed.

BTW: This does work on Eclipse 3.1.2 just fine. You can change the PDE's
Target Platform, but you don't need to since you already turned down the
missing dependencies for plug-ins check to Warning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison [mailto:t.p.ellison@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 10:09 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tips for Harmony Development on Eclipse

Nathan,

I've described how you can use set up Eclipse to develop individual
Harmony classlib modules.  This is how I work [1] so I don't have to
download and recompile the entire class lib code for local changes.

The "Run As" set up requires a Harmony JRE plug-in for Eclipse, which at
present is not part of the Harmony project, but there is a workaround
that Steven Gong described on this list [2].

Regards,
Tim

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/dev_eclipse.h