harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mishura, Stepan M" <stepan.m.mish...@intel.com>
Subject RE: regression test suite
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 04:56:20 GMT
Hello,

Tim Ellison wrote:

[snip]

>What is the useful distinction for regression tests being kept
separate?
> I can see that you may distinguish unit and 'system-level' tests just
>because of the difference in frameworks etc. required, but why do I
care
>if the test was written due to a JIRA issue or test-based development
or
>someone who get's kicks out of writing tests to break the code?

I agree that separating regression tests doesn't make sense.
However I think that regression tests should be marked in some way.
This will signal a developer that a test was created to track already
known issue. IMHO, a regression test should point out to a bug report
and a bug report (after resolving a bug) should contain a reference to
corresponding regression test in repository.

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division