harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Loenko <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Unit and performance testing
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:04:38 GMT
Well if we need just a single stacktrace per test it would work.

Consider an example: we need to make several attempts
and fail only if all of them fail. For example if we want try to
create an object
whose constructor takes a name of a security algorithm as an argument.
We do not know before which algorithms are installed in the user environment,
so we go through the list of algorithm names we are aware of and try to create
the object, catch exception, log it, and fail when all attempts are
unsuccessful.

Thanks,
Mikhail