harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stepan Mishura <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject 'security2' TODOs list
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:07:05 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to create a list of TODO's to track all issues related to
'security2' module integration. Because it is hard to figure out from many
threads in mailing list what things were done, what blocks us to move
forward and what can be resolved later. Also this list should help us to
understand who took responsibility for a selected item and where we can
help. So here is the summary of issues:

Issues that should be resolved before substituting the current 'security'
module

1) Moving com.openintel to org.apache.harmony (status: almost DONE)
Issues:
- Did we agree on com.openintel.drlx.* -> org.apache.harmony.x.*?
- Tim had problems with running security tests.

2) Integrate build files (status: NONE)
- split 'security2' to components
- compiling native code
- compile and run unit tests

Issues that may be resolved later:

1) Writing JavaDoc (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was made)
'security2' has "com.intel.drl.spec_ref" javadoc tag that should be replaced

2) New Modules or Components
a. Providers: put providers into separate modules (status: no objections)
See
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200601.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0601170332k3d418fabwd25a264c5e0f1532@mail.gmail.com%3e

b. Do reorg in security component: (status: no replies)
Pick out JAAS, JGSS-API and SASL from 'security' module and create a
separate module for them (name for module?). The rest of 'security' to be
combined with 'crypto' module.
See
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200601.mbox/%3c906dd82e0601182114v3af679f5n95a58fe4fb1355fc@mail.gmail.com%3e

3) Performance testing (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was
made)
There is PerformanceTest super class that should be substituted with some
other mechanism. (JUnit decoration, simple Logger …)

4) Test framework (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was made)
Where to place unit tests and how we are going to run 'security2' unit tests
(bootclass path vs. classpath)?

I'm going to update this list periodically. Please feel free to add any
other issues to this list.

Please let me know how I can help in these and other tasks.

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division