harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Chernyshev <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribution of beans, math and regex libraries
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:48:41 GMT
> java.beans.PropertyChangeSupportTest
>
> First two tests were mentioned in the contribution's README.txt that they
> may fail. The last one failed on serialization.

Yes, you are right. As far as I can see the PropertyChangeSupportTest
fails with the following message:

        java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SHA

Serialization code has to compute the default SUID. To do that, it
requests message digest with SHA algorithm, e.g. does something like:

      digest = java.security.MessageDigest.getInstance("SHA");

and then fails to get SHA with the default provider package. Could it
be related to the new security code integration? Were you able to pass
security2 tests which utilize SHA?

Thank you,
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division