harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Chernyshev <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Contribution of beans, math and regex libraries
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:19:18 GMT
I'm happy to announce one more contribution to Harmony on behalf of
Intel. The archive with the contribution is uploaded to the following
location:

The contribution includes the following class library packages:

1) java.beans
2) java.math
3) java.util.regex

Note that this contribution includes stubs for certain classes from the
java.awt and java.applet packages as well to enable compilation of
java.beans. The stub classes do not yet include the complete method signatures
or their fully-functional implementations. Please be prepared to observe some
unit test failures in the beans package because of that.

The code is a result of efforts of Intel Middleware Product Division team. One
should be able to compile and run this code with the Harmony Execution
Environment available at http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony,
Harmony Class Libraries and Eclipse compiler. The code included with the
contribution is pure Java, we tested it with the Harmony Execution Environment
on Windows and Linux. The implementation is done according to the Java 5 API
specification, though the Java 5 specific language features such as generics
were not utilized. One should be able to run this code with a 1.4+ compatible
JRE/VM.

The build provided with the contribution doesn't include the documentation
target yet until we work out the approach to handling the references to J2SE
spec (we haven't yet removed the com.intel.drl.spec_ref tags from the code).

We hope that the proposed regex package would allow developing the fully-
functional build makefiles for Ant. The detailed documentation regarding the
regex framework can be found under the 'doc' directory.

The archive contains the README file that explains the things doable with this
code. But, should any additional clarifications be required, I'll be happy to
provide them. You are welcome to try it out!

Thank you,
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division