harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Loenko, Mikhail Y" <mikhail.y.loe...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Unit test code in HARMONY-16
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:12:09 GMT
As far as we did not have special performance tests, we used unit tests
to measure performance, i.e. to compare performance of our classes to
performance of "standard" classes. So we ran in cycle a single unit test
on both when there are our security classes in bootclasspath and when
there are not. And compared time. (Of course, not all the tests passed
on "RI")

Some unit tests print various logs that make execution time volatile. To
make it more stable we used log() instead of System.out.print() and in
the "performance mode" did not print anything. log() is defined in the
PerformanceTest. At some point we had different functionality in the
PerformanceTest but it seems to have died now. That is basically it.

The results helped us to find a number of performance leaks and improve
overall quality of the code.

Thanks,
Mikhail Loenko
Intel Middleware Products Division