harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Loenko, Mikhail Y" <mikhail.y.loe...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Writing JavaDoc
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:22:11 GMT
Agreed with #1

Let me better explain #3. It is not a taglet copying Sun's spec. Instead
it should insert pointers to specification of actual methods on Sun's
website. So the resulting docs would look like the following:

    public Foo(type arg)

    Spec reference: See corresponding <a [link to Sun's spec]>J2SE API
specification reference</a>

    And some additions, like "The spec allows this and that behavior, we
did it this way because ..."

What IMHO would not be a good idea is rewording complex method
descriptions as we could unintentionally change semantics and mislead
people who read our docs rather then official spec.

Thanks,
Mikhail Loenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

JIRA contribution HARMONY-16