harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Avtamonov <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] code for exotic configurations
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:40:46 GMT
Sorry for being away during the major part of your discussion. Hope
I'm still not too late.

As I can see currently we have only one 'exotic' situation - some
tests which are based on providers and use so many provider's
fucntionality that cannot be replaced with mock objects in a
reasonable time. Since such tests look like 'system' (use real
environment) I believe the idea of having separate trees is better.
Something like:

test/unit
and
test/system.

It will be clear that *all* unit tests are run regularly during the
development and don't need any specifical
settings/logging/filtering/etc.

--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division