harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: ntwin32.mak dependency
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:00:06 GMT

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr schrieb:
>
>> Please, feel free to take a whack at it.  Just don't break us that are
>> using the non-free toolchain.
>
> I was just curious if I was doing something wrong and generally the
> opinion, that it would make sense to not require a rather expensive
> compiler suite to build the Harmony VM.

We had this discussion a while ago - yes, we want to be able to support
the free toolchains.  However, the stuff we have was developed by people
using the non-free toolchains.

No one is stopping it - someone needs to volunteer.

I am not sure however if I can
> be of much help fixing the issue. I haven't been writing much C for
> several years and honestly have no clue what is necessary to tweek the
> source to be buildable by other compilers.

Well, I've never done a JVM and runtime library before, but here I am.
Jump in.

geir