harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] we can build our own site with classlib and J9
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:38:05 GMT
I can guarantee that the J9 VM doesn't need sql code!  There must be a
reference to it in the site building code.

A quick 'grep -R java/sql' of the code in site\lib JARs shows:
 Binary file org/apache/log/output/db/AbstractJDBCTarget.class matches
 Binary file org/apache/log/output/db/DefaultDataSource.class matches
 Binary file org/apache/log/output/db/DefaultJDBCTarget.class matches
 Binary file org/apache/log/output/db/NormalizedJDBCTarget.class matches
 Binary file org/jdom/JDOMException.class matches

The stub is the right solution tho'

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> This is cool.
> We can generate our own website using the IBM J9 VM and our classlib.  I
> had to add SQLException (just a stub) because J9 thought this was
> important to have around (!).
> Give it a try.  You need to build the classlib yourself until we can get
> an update to the snapshot site.  Get J9 as stated in the classlib build
> instructions and then you can just :
> $ harmony/standard/site >  ant
> and it Just Works.
> geir