harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: 'security2' TODOs list
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:24:32 GMT

Stepan Mishura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to create a list of TODO's to track all issues related to
> 'security2' module integration. Because it is hard to figure out from many
> threads in mailing list what things were done, what blocks us to move
> forward and what can be resolved later. Also this list should help us to
> understand who took responsibility for a selected item and where we can
> help. So here is the summary of issues:
>
> Issues that should be resolved before substituting the current 'security'
> module
>
> 1) Moving com.openintel to org.apache.harmony (status: almost DONE)
> Issues:
> - Did we agree on com.openintel.drlx.* -> org.apache.harmony.x.*?

Either way, it's done.

> - Tim had problems with running security tests.

Not sure - he didn't have the patience for one of them, and was startled
by the amount of gibberish the tests spewed to stdout.

Tim?

> 2) Integrate build files (status: NONE)
> - split 'security2' to components
> - compiling native code
> - compile and run unit tests

I did integrate the build files.  You can kick of an "ant" from the top
and you get the whole thing.  There is one issue regarding where jni.h
comes from that George stumbled over, but I'll fix tha tnow.

> Issues that may be resolved later:
>
> 1) Writing JavaDoc (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was made)
> 'security2' has "com.intel.drl.spec_ref" javadoc tag that should be replaced

That will be replaced, at least with our own for now as we evolve the
javadoc discussion.

> 2) New Modules or Components
> a. Providers: put providers into separate modules (status: no objections)
> See
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200601.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0601170332k3d418fabwd25a264c5e0f1532@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> b. Do reorg in security component: (status: no replies)
> Pick out JAAS, JGSS-API and SASL from 'security' module and create a
> separate module for them (name for module?). The rest of 'security' to be
> combined with 'crypto' module.
> See
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200601.mbox/%3c906dd82e0601182114v3af679f5n95a58fe4fb1355fc@mail.gmail.com%3e

Yep - that's a todo .

> 3) Performance testing (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was
> made)
> There is PerformanceTest super class that should be substituted with some
> other mechanism. (JUnit decoration, simple Logger …)

I think that there's general agreement we need another approach to this
- it's too intrusive to have our test class hierarchy rooted in this...

> 4) Test framework (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was made)
> Where to place unit tests and how we are going to run 'security2' unit tests
> (bootclass path vs. classpath)?

You keep saying "stuck", and I don't think that's right.  It's just in
progress, IMO.  It's an interesting conversation.

> I'm going to update this list periodically. Please feel free to add any
> other issues to this list.
>
> Please let me know how I can help in these and other tasks.

Maybe think about how to get PerformanceTest moved elsewhere into
another "performance testing framework"?

geir