harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: compiling JCHEVM with GCC/Cygwin
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:41:38 GMT
Hi Archie,

> Enrico Migliore wrote:
>
>> pread() problem
>> -----------------
>> In the zip.c file, I temporarily substituted the pread() call
>> with the following two calls:
>>
>> lseek(fd,offset,SEEK_SET);
>> read(fd,buf,len);
>>
>> Those are perfectly equivalent to pread() except that
>> they are not atomic
>

> That is a reasonable workaround; it's not thread safe however.
> In practice is probably won't matter though. You'd have to be
> class loaders for that to matter (highly unlikely).

Let's use this workaround for now. I'll go through the pread() function,
on Cygwin.

>> problems
>> ----------
>> jc.exe enters the main function and crashes at the first call,
>> which is _jc_invoke();
>>
>> In order to investigate the problem I did the following thngs:
>>
>> 1. Commented _jc_invoke() and added a dummy poptGetContext() call.
>>     It crashes
>>
>> 2. Commented _jc_invoke() and added a printf("Hello World!");
>>     It doesn't crash and print the message to the stdandard output
>>
>> It seems to me that the problem is the calling convention.
>

> I don't know enough about Windows or Cygwin to help here.
> Can you run it under GDB?
>
> -Archie

I tried to debug it with DDD (Data display debugger) which is a GUI
based debugger which,
in turn, uses GDB. I was tired last night and wasn't able to take any
step forward.
What's your GUI front end for writing and debugging JC? Are you using
xemacs?

 Enrico