harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] test suites
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:29:15 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> In Eclipse you can click on a project / package / source folder and say
> "Run As > JUnit Test" -- it will run all the test cases found in there.

I tried that and it didn't - it gave me a dialog and let me choose from
the tests in there. I couldn't make it do a multi-select.  This may be
PIBKAC on my part, so let me know.

> However, AFAIK this is not true for other runners, like the
> textui.TestRunner.  Also, as discussed (ad nauseam), if you want to
> extend the framework you will need to gather the tests up and run them
> in a decorated junit.framework.TestSuite.

Right (I think I mentioned that below) - and I think that makes sense if
we wanted to have a perf target or something, but not needed for general
stuff...

geir