harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] test suites
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:54:53 GMT

Richard Liang wrote:
> Hello Geir,
>
> Ant script is good for build system. However, it's more
> simple/convenient for developers to run AllTests in Eclipse.

I didn't believe you, because selecting a folder (or selecting multiple
tests) and having all tests run is such an obvious feature, it *had* to
just work.  So I went and tested it myself.  Alas. You're right.

I wonder if it's some vestige of TDD extremos making a point.  (I was
reading on JUnit site about AllTests, and how "early adopters" (IOW,
"users") of JUnit who grew up w/o AllTests thought they were nuts, but
the authors Knew Better.)

Ok - so I'll keep using **/*/Test for the general build system, I guess,
and anyone that happens to use Eclipse can throw in the AllTests hack
for themselves...?

I don't remember what IDEA does... need to go check...

geir