harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib : security[2]] security2 integrated (first cust)
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:12:12 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I did a hacky integration of security2 to replace security.
> After chatting a bit w/ Tim, I took a very simpleminded approach,

hmm, not sure what to make of that comment ... ;-)

> of
> just getting the master build.  This only works on windows for now.
> 1) the main classlib script builds the java code and produces the
> security jar.
> 2) the main native scrip kicks off the full security2 make and copies
> the .dll out
> Clearly we have to improve #2, clearly, but once we verify I didn't
> screw up too badly, then we can do it stepwise.
> I'd like to propose a change in the build structure to segement by
> platform, so that it's very clear the pile that gets built and where,
> giving us the freedom to have an appropriate layout for each.
> /trunk/deploy/
>      win32/
>         include/
>         jre/
>      linux/
>         include/
>         jrs/

No point.  The build scripts embody which platform they are building
for, there is no need to reflect that in the target (even if we _were_
doing x-compiling, which we are not).

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

View raw message