harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: compiling JCHEVM with GCC/Cygwin
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:03:24 GMT
Hi Archie,

ucontext library
---------------

The ./configure script refuses to complete successfully if I don't put
the ucontext.h header file,
in the following places: /usr/include and /usr/include/sys
Therefore, the ucontext library must be present.

The bad news is that the RedHat guys hasn't ported ucontext library to
Cygwin.

The good one is that:

 1. You call just one of the 4 ucontext library functions, and you call it
     in just one source file (stack.c)

 2. I've found an example explaining how to port the ucontext library in
Cygwin
     (Don't know if it works though)

zip problem
------------
I downloaded the source code of zip-2.3 and,
at line 373 of zip.c, I got this:

#ifdef MACOS

 > Looks like the pread(3) function is not working properly under Cygwin.
 > This error occurs on line 373 of zip.c if you want to try to debug it
 > (sorry, I'm Windows illiterate).

Yet, I can't find, in the Zip source files, the the pread( ) function
that you told me about

Any suggestions?

Enrico