harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] What can it do?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:35:17 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> At the risk of incurring the wrath of GM Jr.

<grumble>

  I've tweaked the class
> library wiki page to include the results of some basic experiments using
> the recent Harmony class library snapshot.
>
> 	http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary
>
> (I'll go back and fill in something for Ant and the Eclipse compiler
> soon, but we use them for self-host so seems to work quite well.)
>
> If you try and run something, please record your success/failure for us
> all to see.  It will help us form a missing code "Most Wanted" list <g>
> and a record of our abilities.

I was going to do this as part of our website - doing a "how are we
doing?" page.

I suspect that there's a lot more things we can put there, and little
things that people are familiar with.  Like, it's really cool that it
runs velocity.  It's pleasantly surprising.  it's not surprising that it
won't run Tomcat (yet).

Lets try to keep finding small things that work.  Maybe we need little
programs that show functionality - i.e. we can't just say "log4j works"
as I'm not sure what that means w/o context.   However, having a little
proggie that shows log4j working might be good.

The point would be to support your subject line "What can we do?"...

Once I dig out of my pile, I'll try to put something on the website for
us and come up w/ more examples...

geir