harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: problems with security2
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:36:19 GMT

Stepan Mishura wrote:
>> how would you distinguish between support classes for
>> java.security and javax.security?
>
>> we need org.apache.something
>> and org.apache.extension_of_something
> What about
> org.apache.harmony.security
> org.apache.harmonyx.security

No.  The project is called "harmony", so that should be the "root" of
all our java code in the project.  That's the root of our namespace.

We might add a token after "harmony" like "classlib" (because I think we
should segment the namespace that way - we don't have to now, but it's a
minor bit of futureproofing that the tools hide from us anyway....

and then if there really is a compelling reason to separate out the
support for java.s and javax.s, do something else.  (I'm not convinced
we need to)

Note that

o.a.h.[c].security
o.a.h.[c].securityx

should be ruled out, as  'security' is the Harmony class library module
name, and that module supports both j.s and  jx.s  (tell me if people
aren't grokking the shorthand...) and therefore is our "root node" in
the package tree for the security package.

geir