harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with security2
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:35:51 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Seems like I've managed to reproduce the problem:
> 
> I've refactored the code using Eclipse: all that is under
> com.openintel.drl.security
> I've moved under
> org.apache.harmony

Can you make that org.apache.harmony.security -- then we keep the module
name in there.  When we build into a single rt.jar it will avoid any
unfortunate name collisions with implementations in other modules.

> Then I've searched for and found 18 files that still contained
> "com.openintel.drl.security" for some reason, and made
> search&replace
> 
> After that build failed:
> BUILD FAILED
> build.xml:393: Test java.security.serialization.CodeSignerTest failed
> 
> Will investigate...
> 
> 
> BTW, where will we move "com.openintel.drlx" to?
> 
> org.apache.harmony_x ?
> org.apache.harmonx ?
> org.apache.hx ?

Yuk!  let's stick with org.apache.harmony.<whatever> package names.

Regards,
Tim

> Thanks,
> Mikhail
> 
> 
> On 1/18/06, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've just updated from SVN, all unit tests from security2 passed
>> (including serialization ones).
>> Could you please provide more details?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail
>>
>>
>> On 1/18/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
>>> I am haplessly plodding along.  I found one problem (mine) which fixed a
>>> test, and now I seem to have a more interesting problem with the
>>> serialization tests...
>>>
>>> Are the serialization tests "golden data" files somehow dependent  the
>>> com.openintel package structure and would be allergic to a
>>> org.apache.harmony package structure?
>>>
>>> geir
>>>
>>>
>>> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>>> I've been trying to refactor security2 into the org.apache pacakage space.
>>>>
>>>> I'm now having test failures.
>>>>
>>>> Can someone else do a co of security2 and verify?  I've backed out the
>>>> change so that you need junit and bcprov on your classpath (argh!) and
>>>> turned on haltonfailure so that the tests will stop once something goes
>>>> wrong.
>>>>
>>>> I thought I was being careful - while it's clear that I have no idea
>>>> what I'm doing, there's clearly something a little more subtle going on
>>>> here because I wouldn't think that just moving package names would be a
>>>> problem.  I assume that there's some provider or other configuration-ish
>>>> issue.
>>>>
>>>> This would be a good learning experience for all of us how this works. I
>>>> need to run out for about 20 min... bbiab.
>>>>
>>>> geir
>>>>
>>>>
> 

-- 

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Mime
View raw message