harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Apache Harmony to provide snapshots
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:03:22 GMT
PMC,

This is to inform you that the Harmony podling intends to provide
pre-built binary snapshots of our JCHEVM and Classlibrary for users.

We plan to make these available via

    http://cvs.apache.org/incubator/harmony/snapshots/

and will be labeling them both with the token 'snapshot' as well as the
SVN revision id.  This appears to be the best place as this is barely
functioning software that shouldn't be mirrored or archived.  While we
are working on it, the build process isn't yet automated, so we
therefore are keeping it out of cvs.apache.org/builds.

We wish to do this because building these two packages is less than
trivial, and we want to make working software available to the community.

Let us know if there are any issues or problems.  We will presume lazy
consensus on this issue is acceptable and will continue to work towards
this goal.

geir