harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Snapshots
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:41:17 GMT
I created the place to put our 'snapshots'.  I'm calling them snapshots
rather than releases because that seems more appropriate.

So the guidelines:

------------------

1) Place a README.txt in the root of each snapshot that says :

This is a snapshot distribution of the Apache Harmony project.
Apache Harmony is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF). Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
until a further review indicates that the infrastructure,
communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner
consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status
is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the
code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
the ASF.

2) Have instructions for generating the snapshot.  It would be best if
it was an ant or maven script so there's no manual phases.

3) Copy the completed snapshot in tar and zip form, with md5 sum for
each, to minotaur.apache.org.  Then copy to

      /www/cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/harmony/snapshots/

4) Post a note to the dev list when this has been completed so we have
some institutional memory of this happening.

Comments appreciated.

I'll add this to our website today - I wanted to create a documentation
area, so this will be a good start.

I'll also notify the incubator PMC that we are doing this.

geir