harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: windoze download
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:56:05 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> I managed to find /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/harmony on svn.apache.org
>> but I can't write to that directory.
>
> Great question.
>
> Our website -
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/standard/site
>
> That's the whole website for the tree.  I thought I had the readme in
> there, but alas.  I'll put it in.
>
> Simple form :
>
> 1) edit the document in xdocs/
> 2) type "ant" in site/ root (implies you have ant installed)
> 3) look at the changes in docs/
> 4) repeat #1 until happy
> 5) svn commit
> 6) ssh to minotaur
> 7) cd /www/incubator.apache.org/incubator/harmony
> 8)`cat UPDATE`
>
> That's it to publish.

So are you saying to publish a snapshot tarball I should do this? If so
that's fine.. just want to make sure though because it means committing
tarballs into the repository.

In any case, something is still broken. I don't have permission to modify
/www/incubator.apache.org/incubator/harmony on minotaur:

drwxr-xr-x 4 geirm apcvs 1024 Dec 16 22:33 /www/incubator.apache.org/harmony

You need to "chmod g+w /www/incubator.apache.org/harmony".

Thanks,
-Archie