harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Release Management
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:59:52 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:53:58AM -0800, Leo Simons wrote:
> (sorry, no network as I type). There are incubation rules pertaining to
> publishing releases and/or snapshots somewhere on
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

"""
As podlings are not yet fully accepted as part of the Apache Software Foundation, any software
releases
(including code held in publically available SVN) made by Podlings will not be endorsed by
the ASF.

However, as software releases are an important part of any software project, they are permitted
in certain
circumstances, as follows.

Podlings in Incubation SHALL NOT perform any releases of software without the explicit approval
of the Incubator
PMC. Such approval SHALL be given only after the Incubator PMC has followed the process detailed
in (Reference
to Charter), and SHALL NOT occur until all source has been legally transferred to the ASF.

Therefore, should a Podling decide it wishes to perform a release, the Podling SHALL formally
request the
Incubator PMC approve such a release. The request SHALL have the endorsement of the Mentor.

Should the Incubator PMC, in accordance with (Reference to Charter) vote to approve the request,
the Podling MAY
perform the release under the following constraints :

    * the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename; and
    * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described in the previous
section), clearly
visible in the main documentation or README file.
"""

- LSD