harmony-dev mailing list archives

From rohit hitnalikar <rohit.hitnali...@gmail.com>
Subject JVM Spec Interpretation Question
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:31:22 GMT
Hello Gurus,

  I am not able to understand the following bit from JVM spec v2.0
which talks about permitted narrowing reference conversions:

  *From any class type S to any interface type K, provided that S is not
final and does not implement K. (An important special case is that
there is a narrowing conversion from the class type Object to any interface
  Can somebody please let me know how to correctly interpret this?
  In what cases, do we come across the need to use such a feature ? an
example would be most helpful.

  This bit is taken from the following links :

  or here

thanks in advance,