harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley1 <GHAR...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject componentization : security.jar
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:47:45 GMT
Hi,

The security.jar built from the recent Intel contribution seems capable -
I'm still experimenting in my spare time - of being a straightforward
binary replacement of the current security.jar which is a great
demonstration of what the component architecture promises
[http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary]. Especially as the current
code in the security component in SVN is only a subset of the exports
listed above whereas the Intel drop looks to contain everything.

However, I just noticed that the security.jar file which gets built from
the Intel security code contribution has a MANIFEST.MF that does not
contain anything like the componentization information present in the
security.jar we can build from today's repository code.

i.e. if I take a peek at META-INF/MANIFEST.MF from the security.jar built
from SVN I see the following information which is a pretty unambiguous
statement of this JAR's role in the componentized class library ...

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Harmony Security
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.harmony.security
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-ClassPath: .
Eclipse-JREBundle: true
Import-Package: java.io,
 java.lang,
 java.net,
 java.util,
 java.util.zip
Export-Package: java.security,
 java.security.acl,
 java.security.cert,
 java.security.interfaces,
 java.security.spec,
 javax.security.auth,
 javax.security.auth.callback,
 javax.security.auth.kerberos,
 javax.security.auth.login,
 javax.security.auth.spi,
 javax.security.auth.x500,
 javax.security.cert,
 javax.security.sasl,
 org.ietf.jgss
Require-Bundle: org.apache.harmony.luni

Assuming that the Intel contribution gets accepted, it seems like a good
idea to enhance the built JAR's manifest with the above information.

Best regards,
George
George C. Harley