harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF has been shipping GPL exception stuff for years and still is ;)
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:25:34 GMT
Hi Vic,

As usual, you ignore what is written in order to present material
that is generally deemed incorrect or irrational.

Note that what I wrote was :

> When you get the httpd binary, you just use it.  You run it.  The
> fact that there's GPL-ed code in there is *utterly irrelevant*
> because there is no hard source dependency to which you as the user
> are somehow bound.  By "bound", I mean have to have it's license
> effect you if you make some modification to httpd.    So in this
> sense, yes, it's like the OS.

If you'd like to explain how it's relevant that binary code under the
GPL+Exception that gets included by gcc in the httpd binary for OSX
creates some kind of binding source dependency for the user, please
feel free.

If you wish to use this list for personal attacks and slander, please
take it elsewhere.

geir

geirm@apache.org