harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Kumpera <kump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping the classlibrary builds
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:35:01 GMT
Just for curiosity I've written a small program that enumerate all
graph cycles of packages dependencies in Java 1.4 (counting only
fields, methods and super types). This shows that for most packages
this won't be an issue and a packaging that have no cyclic dependencis
is possible.

Given the criteria that dependencies are: fields, super class,
interfaces and method return/exception/parameters, one could have the
following bundles:

[java.applet]
[java.awt.color]
[java.awt.datatransfer]
[java.awt.im.spi]
[java.awt.print]
[java.math]
[java.nio]
[java.rmi, java.rmi.registry]
[java.rmi.activation]
[java.rmi.dgc]
[java.rmi.server]
[java.security.acl]
[java.sql]
[java.io, java.lang, java.lang.ref, java.lang.reflect, java.net,
java.nio.channels, java.nio.channels.spi, java.nio.charset,
java.nio.charset.spi, java.security, java.security.cert,
java.security.interfaces, java.security.spec, java.text, java.util,
java.util.jar, javax.security.auth.x500]
[java.util.logging]
[java.util.prefs]
[java.util.regex]
[java.util.zip]
[javax.crypto]
[javax.crypto.interfaces]
[javax.crypto.spec]
[javax.imageio, javax.imageio.event, javax.imageio.metadata, javax.imageio.spi]
[javax.imageio.plugins.jpeg]
[javax.imageio.stream]
[javax.naming]
[javax.naming.directory]
[javax.naming.event]
[javax.naming.ldap]
[javax.naming.spi]
[javax.net]
[javax.net.ssl]
[javax.print, javax.print.event]
[javax.print.attribute]
[javax.print.attribute.standard]
[javax.rmi]
[javax.rmi.CORBA]
[javax.security.auth]
[javax.security.auth.callback]
[javax.security.auth.kerberos]
[javax.security.auth.login]
[javax.security.auth.spi]
[javax.security.cert]
[javax.sound.midi, javax.sound.midi.spi]
[javax.sound.sampled, javax.sound.sampled.spi]
[javax.sql]
[java.awt, java.awt.dnd, java.awt.dnd.peer, java.awt.event,
java.awt.font, java.awt.geom, java.awt.im, java.awt.image,
java.awt.image.renderable, java.awt.peer, java.beans,
java.beans.beancontext, javax.accessibility, javax.swing,
javax.swing.border, javax.swing.colorchooser, javax.swing.event,
javax.swing.filechooser, javax.swing.plaf, javax.swing.plaf.basic,
javax.swing.table, javax.swing.text, javax.swing.tree,
javax.swing.undo]
[javax.swing.plaf.metal]
[javax.swing.plaf.multi]
[javax.swing.text.html]
[javax.swing.text.html.parser]
[javax.swing.text.rtf]
[javax.transaction]
[javax.transaction.xa]
[javax.xml.parsers]
[javax.xml.transform]
[javax.xml.transform.dom]
[javax.xml.transform.sax]
[javax.xml.transform.stream]

>From that we can see that most of the GUI stuff should live in the
same package and the minimum set of classes for java.lang is not that
huge.

Rodrigo