harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Magnusson, Geir" <geir.magnus...@intel.com>
Subject RE: ApacheCon - notes from the field
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:36:32 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Enrico Migliore [mailto:enrico.migliore@fatti.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:10 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ApacheCon - notes from the field

Hi Tim,

>As you likely know, ApacheCon is underway this week in San Diego.  Here
>are a few scratchings from the Harmony related meetings so far.
>
>The talk was well attended, a very rough guess would be 60 - 70 people
>in the room.  Questions from the floor were few, and included "what if
>Sun open source their codebase?"

We'd cheer and throw a big party!

Each of would probably evaluate where we were with Harmony and what we
were looking for in our participation....

 and "how quickly will Harmony be able
>to track new releases of the Sun code?".

My belief is that once we have achieved parity, we'd be able to keep up
with Sun fairly well as I'd expect we'd be able to literally throw more
resources at it.  Momentum is a valuable thing.

geir

What were the answers to those questions?

>Regards,
>Tim

Enrico