harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Back on your hands! (Was Re: ASF has been shipping GPL exception stuff for years and still is ;))
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:49:24 GMT
Ok.  So there's this joke I like...

A guy dies and goes to hell.  A daemon ;) meets him at the door, and
tells him that he gets to choose his eternal punishment.  They go to
a large room where people are hanging by their hands into a pool of
lava.  They all are in agony and pain.  They guys says "Pass!".  The
go to the second room.  Here, people are chained to big rocks, and
wave after wave of cold saltwater lash into them minute after
minute.  Clearly they are suffering too.

The man wants to see the third room.  In it, people are standing up
to their necks in a big pool of manure, drinking coffee.  The man
thinks "hey, that's not so bad, compared to what I saw" so he grabs a
coffee cup, jumps in and has his coffee. (The coffee isn't bad, either.)

Fifteen minutes later, the overseer gets up from his coffee, comes to
the edge of the pool, and says

"Ok everyone.  Coffee break is over.  Back on your hands!"

So...  can we consider this topic done (with the exception of dalibar
getting the last word in response to my last post), at least from the
POV of trying to make progress on it here on the Harmony list, and
move it over to legal-discuss?  This is a committer-only list, so not
everyone can participate, but if we promise to bring the results
back, will that work?

If not, shall we start harmony-legal@ list?

geir

geirm@apache.org