harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Harmony project roadmap
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:20:31 GMT
I think we're all creating it here :)

In terms of roadmap, I'd like to see :

1) Continue to build on the IBM contribution for classlibraries

2) Ensure our VM efforts work with IBMs contribution

3) See if we can find a common VM/classlib interface for all
projects, both here and elsewhere, to use for interop

4) Start work on our infrastructure such as the build structure, and
the automated testing structure

Specifically, are you looking for something to do ?

Here's a quick list off the top of my head :

1) Tools :   How about demonstrating how the IBM contribution can
self-host the eclipse compiler?  IOW, do 'javac' for us? We need all
the other tools as well.

2) get JCHEVM and bootVM to work with the IBM contribution

3) Build : we'd like to have a sane build process, being able to kick
off from the top level and yet have each of the sublevels (enhanced/
classlib, enhanced/vm, enhanced/tools) have independent builds and
artifacts.

4) Build : how about working through some of the build issues
discussed related to ant vs make vs ....

5) See what it takes to get Kaffe et al to work with the IBM
contribution so we don't have to use IBMs J9 binary for testing if we
don't want to

let us know when you're done :)  We'll have more!

geir

geirm@apache.org