harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r359782 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/java-src/nio/src: com/ java/ main/ test/ test/java/ test/resources/
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:00:13 GMT
beats me :-)

I was following along with the Maven standard directory structure [1] as
much as possible, since we might as well do that rather than invent
something gratuitously different.  (I know nothing about maven, and I'm
open to changing the structure to suit the majority.)

This is where I was heading:

.../classlib/trunk/
  java-src/                 <- poor name, easily changed later
    <component_name>/
      make/               <- component-level build script
      src/
        main/
          java/
            org/apache/harmony/...  <- impl types
            java/<whatever>/...     <- Java API types
          resources/
        test/
          java/
            org/apache/harmony/...  <- unit tests
          resources/
      META-INF/MANIFEST.MF         <- OSGi manifest
    <component_name_2>/
  make/                 <- 'bootstrap'/global build script
  target/               <- results of builds

  native-src/   <- I'm going to leave the natives structure
                   alone for the moment

I guess the main omission at the moment is a location for
platform-specific code, I didn't see anything on the maven site about that.

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

Regards,
Tim