harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [Technical] VM Interface/OSGi discussion (Was: Re: [Licensing/Community] Fresh start)
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:17:14 GMT
Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>
>> Dalibor Topic wrote
>>> Finally, we'd need to have our own, ASLv2 licensed OSGi implementation.
>>> I am not sure if there is one, but I hope Geir knows more.
>>>
>> We are in luck:
>>     http://incubator.apache.org/projects/felix.html
>>

> Yay!
>

>> and there are other implementations such as
>>     http://www.knopflerfish.org/index.html
>> and
>>     http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/
>>

> Double yay! I also found Oscar and JEFFE, so there seems to be
> implementations aplenty for all licenses around.

FYI: The JEFFREE OSGi impl is long dead...I think it is based on OSGi
R2, but I am not certain. Oscar is essentially dormant at this point
too, although I am contemplating another minor release; Oscar is based
on OSGi R3. Development started on Oscar 2.0 which is based on OSGi R4
(the new spec), but this work has now become part of the Apache Felix
project. So, of these three OSGi impls, Felix is the way to go.

Equinox is an R4 compliant framework and KF is currently R3, but I have
heard that they have a new version for R4 in the offing.

-> richard